Thursday, March 22, 2007

Episode 20 - Stranger Than Fiction

Episode 20 - Stranger Than Fiction is now up.

In this episode, I play a lot of songs from Stranger Than Fiction as well as some songs that have nothing to do with the album.  I also talk about the new album, New Maps of Hell, giving my predictions on who will be the author of what songs.

Because I recorded this episode away from "the studio" and I forgot to send the track information from "the studio", I don't have specific information for all of the songs I play in this episode.  I'll try to have these up by Monday.

Songs Player:
Rules, Hearts (Daredevils)
Incomplete (Live, info pending)
The Handshake (Live, info pending)
Hate You (Daredevils)
UCLA Interview with Greg Graffin
Leave Mine to Me (Live, info pending)
Better Off Dead (cover by the Centerfolds)
Leaders and Followers (Stranger Than Fiction B-Side)
Slaves (Live, 1981)
Politics (Suffer Demos)
Stranger Than Fiction (Live at MTV's Most Wanted, 1994)
Tiny Voices (Live at Red Rocks, Colorado, 1996)
Slumber (Live at Red Rocks, Colorado, 1996)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great podcast. Well I have something that I wanted to hear your opinion on. I've been hearing rumors that the song "Prodigal Son" from the new album is a cover of an Iron Maiden song from their album Killers. Seeing as how Bad Religion's songs from "New Maps Of Hell" seem pretty dark and the name of the album sounds like a "metal" album I think that there is a good chance that this rumor might be true. Also I wanted to ask just out of sheer curiosity; you said that "Grains Of Wrath" was something out of the bible or something like that right? Well I think it sounds a lot like "Grapes Of Wrath" and might refer to the great depression. Well your the expert so I'll let you have the final say.
-Chris

10:45 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Prodigal Son is a common reference, I *really* doubt after all these years they're suddenly going to go put a cover song on one of their albums, especially an Iron Maiden song.

If I said Grains of Wrath was a Biblical reference, I misspoke. I meant to say that it was a literary reference to the Grapes of Wrather as you pointedo ut.

12:40 AM  
Blogger johnvicious said...

Hey mike that version of incomplete wasn't live it was a demo , I am 99% because i have the source of that recording and it is the unknown infections bootleg, and on the back it says its a demo.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Oh, hrmm, good call. I'll have to play a real live version next time.

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey "Kenny"

could you upload that Suffer demo (and any others you might have that aren't the standard acoustics?) Please???

Thanks!

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh an fyi that Incomplete isn't a demo, really, nor is it live, really...It's from the Infected Live EP (among other sources)

It's actually a BBC Session recording, February 21, 1995

12:49 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

See this is what happens when I forget to send the list of where the songs came from.

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The Handshake" lyrics do not state "join" the handshake, it actually says "shun" the handshake.

12:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whats true?

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home