Monday, September 11, 2006

Episode 14 - Long Songs

For the first time in months there is a new regular episode of the Bad Religion Podcast. That's right, all of the things you've come to love about the Bad Religion Podcast from the clear, well delivered dialogue from the host to the sly sarcasm of the Not So Bad Religion Banter section of the show are back.

This week's theme is Long Songs, those Bad Religion songs that are among the longest on each album. Here is the list of songs played in this episode:

Doin' Time - Hung Jury Pub, 1986
What Can You Do? - Hung Jury Pub, 1986
Sanity - Live at the Country Club, 1991
Faith Alone - Reverb Show
The Answer - Promise of Prosperity Bootleg
Skyscraper - Orlando, 2002
Parallel - Seattle Sessions, 1998
Dream of Unity - Solo version from a Greg Graffin California show, 2006
Shades of Truth - Maritime Hall, San Francisco, 1999
The Defense - Slims Club, San Francisco, 2003
To Another Abyss - Stephen and Johnny Piano Cover
Maybe She Will - From American Lesion CD

I also play original songs from The T4 Project and Kidneys, two side projects from members of the band.

And finally, in this episode I resample the Greg Graffin Cold as the Clay Podcast to turn it into a riveting new interview.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

is it me or is the sound a bit Wiers and by wierd i mean WAY to much bass

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah, that inverview was great. I was sitting in school listening to it on my iPod and litterally started to lol.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

The sound was a little worse than usual because a fan was running most of the time in the background. I'm going to see if I can fix that for the next episode.

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

disragade that comment it was cuse i updated itunes and the new viersion Skred my files so i had to uninstall,back up the .itl file to kepp play counts and playlists(ill put it back when the next virsion of itunes is releced) and reinstal 6.5

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does video footage exist of that "not so bad religion banter"? and if so how may I optain a copy of it. That was the funniest thing I've ever heard.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

If any video footage exists, I sure don't have it.

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, awesome show as always. If you have a minute, could you upload the HBO Orlando 2002 show for me. I found it in the email accounts but 9 emails x 3 downloads each....ugh. And if there is anything else recorded in Orlando, it would be really cool to have them.

Thanks,
Ryan

4:03 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

The Orlando show is up at http://www.doc-ent.com/brupload now.

12:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I just happened to stumble upon this website one night (it's uh, 5:44 a.m. right now) and I just wanted to say I really appreciate what you do.

Seriously, this is badass. I've forwarded this blog to a couple dozen people already. Great job.

6:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Interview was great.

Do you have the live version of American Jesus off the ep of 21st Century Digital Boy?

2:23 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

I don't think I have that version of American Jesus live, but I have plenty of other versions. I can give you one, unless you were looking for that specific one live.

12:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Actually, just couple of days ago at a independent Record shop I found that EP that I was looking for with American Jesus (Live).

On the EP, it has 4 songs.

1.21st Century Digital Boy

2.Leaders and Followers

3.Mediocrity

4.American Jesus (Live)

Anyway I love you podcast, keep it up and spread you message to BAd Religion fans everywhere.

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home