Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Episode 22 - New Maps Of Hell

Episode 22 of the Bad Religion Podcast, New Maps of Hell, is now online. This episode covers everything related to New Maps of Hell. As such, I play several live songs from the album, give my impressions about the album not once but twice, and go over some of the professional reviews of the album. I also play some older songs just for kicks.

Songs played:
Heroes And Martyrs (Live from The List, Las Vegas, 2007)
Requiem for Dissent (Live from Texas Warped Tour, 2007)
Honest Goodbye (Live from KROQ Weenie Roast, 2007)
Footsteps in the Snow (Cold As The Clay unreleased track)
New Dark Ages (Live from The List, Las Vegas, 2007)
I Want To Conquer The World (Live from Maryland Warped Tour, 2007)
Faith In God (Live from 924 Gilman Street, 1988)
World War III (Live from DC, 1986)
Tiny Voices (cover by Wintersemester)
Sorrow (acoustic, New Maps of Hell bonus track)
God Song (acoustic, New Maps of Hell bonus track)

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Mike,

I know this is going back a bit, but do you know where I can get that sweet long version of along the way that was on your second episode of your podcast? I cant find the how on earth bootleg in any of the accounts on BRsharingclub

7:17 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

http://www.doc-ent.com/brp/AlongTheWayLong.mp3

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey man- big fan of your show; thanks for doing it.

i re-read a book recently that Graffin contributed to and was curious if you have heard of it. It's called "Is Belief in God Good, Bad or Irrelevant?" and is edited by Preston Jones.

A professor and a punk rocker discuss science, religion, naturalism & christianity.

It's their email correspondence transcribed and is pretty interesting. if you have it already, what do you think?

-anthony

10:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cheers Dude!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Hey Anthony,

Yes, I've heard of the book. I've been meaning to get it, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

I have read most of Graffin's thesis, though.

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is the thesis posted online? if not, could you post it or email it to me? thanks in advance,

-anthony

10:58 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

No, you had to buy his dissertation in book form as far as I know. Here's what the site says:

http://www.cornellevolutionproject.org/obtain.html

By the way, hopefully I'll have some time to record a new episode this week, but we'll see.

And the episode following that will contain an all new interview with Jay Bentley. At the current rate, that will probably be up in May 2015.

11:33 PM  
Blogger MikeinGlennDaleMD said...

Hey man,

This is great stuff. Your comment on the "set phasers to stun" changed the way I listen to the song now.

I really like the way you reviewed how you liked the songs the first time you heard them then did the 'Upon further review' segment.

As you said, BR songs seem better when you know what to expect.

930 club show was sick. I'm going to see them in California when the shows get scheduled. Hopefully they will play at Slims in the city (SF).

Anyway, keep up the podcast. This is great.

10:02 PM  
Blogger MikeinGlennDaleMD said...

Faith In God (Live from 924 Gilman Street, 1988)

What a blast from the past...my first Bad Religion show.

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home