Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Episode 8: The Acoustic Episode

Episode 8 is now posted. This episode features many solo songs from the band, and some that Greg did by himself. There's also a new listener interaction section this week, where you have to guess the song from small clips.

Songs:
Suffer Unplugged
Tell Me What You Think
Sowing the Seeds of Utopia (Live at the Seatle Sessions, 1998)
Let's Do It (Duet with Joan Jett, a little cut off)
1000 More Fools (Acoustic)
Sorrow (Cover by the Chimpunks)
The Watchmaker's Dial (Live at Greg Graffin Solo Show in Berlin)
Pessimistic Lines (Demo)

There is also an interview Greg did with a Norwegian radio station in 2004 about The Empire Strikes First.

Also, I changed how I did my voice a bit in this episode, so I'd like to hear your guys comments on that. Feel free to leave them here.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

eesh, you changed the opening theme thing, anyway wtf was that "hey hey hey hey hey, it's all that i know" song", I dont beleve Ive heard it before

and also you should use your normal voice thing

4:51 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

The heys are from the end of The Fast Life, a New America Bootleg.

The reason I changed the theme is because I accidentally saved over the old one. I think I'm going to change it a few times more until I get one a really like.

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah, ok then, I have The Fast Life, I just don't really know it too well. And by the way, those song clips I thought I knew 2 of them (obviously not gonna mention them here) but the last 2 were really too hard, I don't know if it was a mistake but it was simply just a loud drum beat

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, the last 2 are pretty difficult. But that's to make it so that everyone just doesn't get 5/5. Next week, though, I'll make them a little easier.

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, sweet podcast, you do a really good job. I saw who gives a fuck how your voice is just do whatever is best.

3:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey i was wondering where you found the info on Graffin announcing tour to Aus, or where i could find more
cheers

6:44 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

That Australian tour thing was a joke, sorry.

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did someone say gulible? new it was too good to be true :(

5:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Awesome podcast. I noticed that the guitar sounded weird on '1000 more fools' so I ran it through a low pass filter and it made the guitar sound nicer but the vocals sounded kinda weird. I don't know which is better.

11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Upon farther review, I think my speakers just play the high notes on the guitar weird.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Well, I have no idea where the original comes from, so it's likely it just got heavily compressed and screwed up.

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home